For those of you who have always wanted to experience the luxurious Chatham Bars Inn on Cape Cod, but couldn't afford its pricey room rates, you're in luck! I got an email yesterday that rooms at the iconic 4-star hotel are on sale for as low as $199/nt November through March and include membership to the Leaders Club which apparently gets you free breakfast and some other nice perks. BTW, these rooms normally go for no less than $500 during the summer and the Leaders Club membership would normally cost you $150! Many of you might not think of Cape Cod as THE destination for anything that isn't summer, but I urge you to give it a shot if you're looking for a cozy weekend getaway. Here's why:
- The tourists are gone, YAY! So you won't hit any Cape traffic.
- Chatham's quaint town has many shops and restaurants that remain open in the off-season, which you'll have to yourself.
- Christmastime in particular is lovely with the hotel beautifully decorated.
- Curling up by the CBI's fire with a good book and hot chocolate is one thing you'll never get to do in July. Cat naps encouraged.
- And lastly, if you're there on a Thursday, the Squire hosts a fun trivia night which is a great way to hang with the locals.
Book directly through the CBI website to get the rates, no code needed. Pay attention to whether or not your room is at the main inn or in one of the cottages, which are scattered throughout the property and require you to take a short walk outside to get to the main inn. The main inn is where you will find the restaurant, lounge, and bar so it is definitely convenient to stay in one of those rooms, especially during the winter when it's cold outside. The cottages are beautiful, however, and give you more privacy as if you were in your own home. Regardless of what type of room you choose, this is a great deal and a perfect weekend getaway. Enjoy!
Note: In my search, the $199/nt rate seemed to be for weeknights but weekends were not that much more (~$250/nt). Still a deal in my opinion.